Our Mission Statement
Red Hill Kindergarten is a centre of choice for parents who desire to give their children the best introduction to formal group education through a play based curriculum within excellent facilities.
Your Child’s Curriculum
We implement the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline as our curriculum framework
The Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline complements the national Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) while meeting all the requirements under the National Quality Framework. The EYLF has a strong emphasis on play-based learning as play is the best vehicle for young children’s learning. View the Kindergarten Curriculum.
What to bring
- A shady hat
- A lunch box containing morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
- Plastic water bottle
- Two cotton sheets in drawstring bag. These can be purchased from RHK.
- A large Backpack/Bag – preferably with a zip that your Child is able to open themselves to encourage independence
- The use of fresh food is encouraged for food to reduce the use of packaging.
- Water is all that is needed. (No poppers or pre-packaged drinks please)
- Please advise staff of any allergies so that appropriate steps can be taken.
- Birthdays may be celebrated at the Kindergarten if the parent wishes. Please bring along a cake or patty cakes for the group to share.
- ACECQA (Australian Children’s Education & Care Quality Authority)
- Lady Gowrie Qld
- Child Care Benefit (Department of Human Services)
- Education Queensland
- Early Childhood Education & Care – DET
- NAPCAN (National Association for Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect)
- Unicef – United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Nutrition Australia
- Staying Healthy – Preventing Infectious Illness in Early Childhood Services
- National Immunisation Program Schedule – Queensland
RED HILL KINDERGARTEN EXCEEDS
Red Hill Kindergarten received an ‘Exceeding’ rating result for National Quality Standard in Early Childhood Education.
The kindergarten was acknowledged by the Queensland Government on its achievements in providing quality outcomes for children and effective partnerships with families.
The positive culture of leadership within the organisation and the ongoing cycle of planning and documenting the children’s progress were highlighted as being of an exceptional standard.
To learn more about the significance of this rating, follow the link to Queensland Government website.
At Red Hill Kindergarten, we believe Kindergarten is an important year in a child's development and preparation for school.